In our last blog, we briefly explained the difference between planners, coordinators, and designers. Today I will list questions to ask when hiring a potential planner or coordinator. But before the interview, you and your fiancee should have answered some questions already. These question will help you and the planner both assess if you both are a preliminary match. Here are the questions:
- What is our budget?
- What will be our wedding date?
- Approximately how many guests we would like to invite
- What is our theme/vision?
- Where would our wedding take place?
Now that you've answered the above question, you are now ready to start the interview process. These are some questions you can ask your potential planner, but not limited to:
- Are you available on our wedding day?
- How much does it typically cost for you to plan a wedding like ours?
- How many weddings have you planned/coordinated before?
- Can you provide references?
- What is your back up plan in case an emergency arise?
- Do you offer a payment plan?
- Do you handle all vendor contracts?
- Do you handle guest list and RSVP?
- Why should we hire you?
Once the interview process is over, here are some things to take in consideration that will help you make you decision.
- Did the planner understand our vision?
- Can the planner work with our budget?
- Do we believe there was a connection?
Until Next Time!