Location is a key factor when it comes to hosting your event. It is a must that you know exactly what to expect from your venue. I have put together some important questions to ask the site manager when it comes to hosting your event at their venue.
- Do you have my date available? If they don't, you may want to ask what other dates they have available in the same month.
- Approximately how many people can you accommodate? Keep in mind some venues have more than one room to host an event. Maybe the one you are interested in is not available or can't accommodate your guests, but they may have another that does.
- How much is the rental fee? What is included in the fee? Is there a per person charge? Are there any additional fees or costs, including overtime fee's cancellation policies, etc.? If indeed the price range is way out of your budget, don't be afraid to ask if they have a package that's within your budget.
- How much is the deposit? Is the deposit refundable? Do you have a payment schedule?
- Do you provide a caterer? If so, how much is the food and drink cost? Can I bring my own caterer? Do they have access to all kitchen facilities?
- Can I hold my ceremony at your location as well?
- Is there a bride changing area?
- Are there any restrictions regarding music?
- What time can my vendors arrive to set up/break down?
- Do you provide a clean up crew or do I have to provide my own?
- Do you have on site parking? If not, where do guests usually park?
- Are table linens, glassware, tableware, chairs, plates, provided?
- Do you provide a cake? If not, is there a fee to cut the cake I provide?
- Do you provide decor? Can I use real candles? What are your restrictions regarding decor?
- If you are having an outdoor wedding, what is your weather contingency plan?
- Can the space be heated or protected? If so, do you provide heaters and/or tents or do I have to provide?
- Is there an on site technician for all vendors?Is there an on site coordinator? If so, what's included? Keep in mind that on site coordinators only coordinates all services included with the venue, not any additional outside vendors.
***Your date is not officially reserved until you sign a contract. Make sure you get everything in writing and look over all fine details of the contract.***
*** Ask for a proposal of all costs if perhaps you like the venue so you will have a general idea of how much you would be paying***
Have a Happy Thursday!